Gone are the days of designing a standard SEO website. In the past, building websites only happened to fastidious coder and designer companies. Today, technology has emerged the best web design tools and software with just drag and drop, requiring little or even no coding experience.
You have the right to consult many different web design tools, but I will save you time finding the right platform for you through the following 15 best web design software.
In this review, I have compiled the most up-to-date, intuitive, and recommended web design software available today – after considering the ease of use, the abundance of features. and worth the money it brings.
We have divided the list into main parts:
The best online web design software – these online design software is web-based applications and does not require installation on the machine.
The best offline web design software – these platforms are standalone web editors that need to be installed first.
Other essential tools for web design – these are not mandatory but extremely useful tools for all tasks related to web design.
Let’s find out!
Online web design software:
If you are a small or medium-sized business or an individual who is starting to build an e-commerce website or a blog of personal interests, the following best website design software is highly recommended, because They are user-friendly, hassle-free and easy to set up:
1. Wix.com (Free & Paid)
With over 150 million users in 190 countries, Wix is one of the most popular tools for designers on both desktop and mobile devices. Regardless of your technical or programming skills, the template editor is user-friendly and allows you to build your website without having to learn how to code.
Advantages of Wix:
- Many design options before officially creating a website. Regardless of your industry, you can choose a theme suitable for your website from over 600 templates created by Wix designers.
- Add animations easily. This is one of the few web designers that allows you to create text effects and other elements quickly.
- Support you as a smart assistant. Artificial intelligence design (ADI) acts as your assistant to help you create your own website. For example, it automatically selects the perfect design for the target audience you’re targeting and connects your social media accounts.
- Cannot convert template. When your website is up and running, you are not allowed to switch to another theme (theme). This makes improving your website design more difficult. You need to do this manually or start over.
- More expensive than other web design tools. All Wix pricing plans are still more expensive than the more popular competitors, like Weebly and Squarespace.
Who should use Wix?
- Small-scale websites with no more than 30 pages are best
- Wix is perfect for artists, photographers, and musicians who want to showcase their portfolio.
How much is Wix?
- Wix is available for free, but ads will appear and you’ll have to buy a domain name for your website. If you want to have access to more professional features, the cheapest ad package doesn’t appear at around $ 11 / month or more.
2. WordPress.com (Free & Paid)
WordPress is one of the leading companies in the content management system industry, used for about 33.6% of the top 10 million websites, as of April 2019. This is also one of the best known free and open-source software that allows you to launch any type of website.
Advantages of WordPress
- Full control of your website. You own and are permitted to control all data – your website, your content, and related data.
- Access to thousands of template templates available. With various free/premium WordPress themes to choose from, it’s now easy to customize your website.
- Access to 55k + plugin. WordPress manages a large collection of add-ons and plugins to expand your website for almost everything you need as your business grows.
- Easy third-party integration. Because WordPress is a family brand, you can integrate almost all popular third-party tools, such as email marketing platforms, SEO tools (search engine optimization). , payment gateway, etc.
Disadvantages of WordPress:
- Responsible for managing the essential features of the site. Since you are in control of your website, you are also responsible for managing the website’s security, creating backups and updates, and purchasing the web hosting service yourself.
- There is no integrated drag and drop website builder. One downside of using WordPress is that it doesn’t come with an integrated drag and drop interface. However, you only need to add any drag and drop extensions and WordPress will allow you to do drag and drop items.
Who should use WordPress?
- Great for beginners who want to build a website and control costs throughout the process.
- If you want to make money online, WordPress is highly recommended for online stores.
How much does WordPress cost?
You can create a free WordPress website but it will have limited functionality. Premium prices start at $ 96 a year ($ 8 a month, annual bill).
3. Weebly.com (Free & Paid Version)
Weebly has been around for 12 years and has provided more than 50 million websites worldwide. This web design software is popular with online businesses and stores already with the desire to build more online presence. This is a fairly fully hosted platform, meaning that both web hosting services and domain names are supported by Weebly.
- The template templates are diverse and meet many needs. The theme has many different styles, supports the mobile version. Weebly also allows you to change themes.
- Useful SEO guide. Weebly prioritizes SEO (search engine optimization) and has an intensive support center. You can get practical code advice, keyword optimization, and improve your website rankings.
Disadvantages of Weebly:
- There is no ADI option. Artificial intelligence (ADI) is currently not available in Weebly. This feature uses the information to automatically build a website for you, saving you time. However, with Weebly, you need to create your own website manually.
- Limited drag and drop interface. While still supporting drag and drop customization, this customization is not perfect. Unless you have advanced coding skills, it’s hard to customize your site easily.
- There are no personal recovery options. If your site goes down, you cannot restore it yourself. You should always contact the Weebly support team if this happens.
Who should use Weebly?
Great for those with HTML or CSS skills. Weebly has an integrated code editor that allows you to personalize your website more deeply.
Weebly is an ideal tool if you want to learn HTML. But remember that the learning path will be quite steep.
How much does Weebly cost?
You can build a website for free. But if you want to create a professional website, a professional plan then the starting cost will be at $ 12 per month.
4. Squarespace.com (Paid)
With 15 years of industry experience, Squarespace is one of the best website building software and continues to evolve into a more engaging and intuitive version. The purpose of this is to help creators express their art styles. Even without any coding knowledge, you can set up beautiful websites using Squarespace.
Advantages of Squarespace:
- Allow editing on mobile. Using the Squarespace application, you can even change your website with your phone. The app allows you to publish blog posts, enable notifications, etc.
- Offline changes can be synchronized. If you lose your internet connection unexpectedly, your unfinished work can still be synchronized when you come back online.
- Convert web page template at any point. Even if you already have a website, you can still switch to a new theme for your site.
- “What you see is what you get” (WYSIWYG) mode. Whatever you do, Squarespace will show you how your site will appear on the screen after you post it.
Disadvantages of Squarespace:
- Not a pure drag and drop website design software. Although you can completely customize your site with Squarespace, even without the coding skills, unlike other drag and drop tools, it takes a bit longer to understand. about it. However, once you are familiar, things will become easier.
- There is no app store. Squarespace does not own an app store for you to choose, so you will depend more on its built-in features.
Who should use Squarespace?
Ideal for photographers, artists, or anyone who wants to show their creative designs visually.
How much does Squarespace cost?
Depending on your business needs and goals, you can choose from four pricing packages from $ 12 to $ 40 per month (billed annually).
5. Webflow.com (Free & Paid)
Website design software with full Webflow features, the brand is considered a superior alternative to WordPress. If you want to build your own website but don’t have the technical knowledge, Webflow will be the perfect solution for you.
Although it is still relatively new, Webflow has been able to incorporate the most basic and important aspects of complete website development in the application. This means you will have everything you need just by using this web design software.
Advantages of Webflow:
- A complete content management system (CMS). You have the flexibility to manage and build the content you want without being restricted from using templates, content structure, or complex coding language.
- Advanced SEO. Webflow allows you to add or edit data, create alternative text images, and target relevant keywords. But it will take you a little further by allowing you to automatically generate sitemaps and customize 301 redirects.
- Almost all website template templates can implement responsive web (*). So you can build a responsive website for mobile devices with over 100 businesses, portfolios, and blogs.
(*) Responsive Web- Responsive Web: The website meets all height and size of access devices. Either device, the site can be flexibly adjusted
Disadvantages of Webflow:
- Relatively high cost. Webflow has impressive features and features, but it’s not cheap. Its cost is relatively higher than other website design software on the market today.
- No live chat or phone support. For any customer support, you’ll need to contact via email because Webflow doesn’t currently have any real-time chat or phone services. However, the Webflow feedback team is available during business hours to assist you.
Who should use Webflow?
- Webflow is perfect for artists, designers, or any creative work to show their skills to make money online.
- We also propose Webflow for larger businesses and online businesses that require stunning visual and responsive web design.
How much does Webflow cost?
- You can start building a responsive website for free even without submitting credit card information. You can use the functionality of Unlimited Webflow. Plus, it never expires. When you’re ready to go live, that’s when you can subscribe to the package to unlock additional features.
- The basic Webflow package starts at $ 12 per month (billed annually), while e-commerce packages start at $ 29.
Best offline website design software
Popular web design software also includes offline website design software. These are standalone web designers that need to be downloaded and installed onto your computer before you can use them. You will not need an internet connection to start working as online web design software.
6. Adobe Dreamweaver (Paid)
An exclusive tool from Adobe since 2005, Adobe Dreamweaver is one of the most popular offline web development and design applications today. Its grid system allows mesh-based responsive layouts for three device sizes at once. A huge time saver for designers working on desktops, tablets, or mobile phones.
Advantages of Adobe Dreamweaver:
- Quick and flexible code. With its simplified code tool, you can design, code, and manage dynamic web pages conveniently. Just visit the code suggestions to quickly learn and edit HTML, CSS, and other web languages. In addition, you can also use visual means to reduce errors and speed up website development.
- Dynamic display on any device. You can preview your edits in real-time to make sure your pages look the way you want them and work accordingly on any device before going public. Another good thing is that your website can be changed to accommodate any screen size.
- Optional extended integration. Because it’s owned by Adobe, you can seamlessly integrate your system with other Adobe products like Illustrator CC, InDesign CC, Photoshop CC, Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC, etc.
Cons of Adobe Dreamweaver:
- This is a challenge for beginners. Although it offers great flexibility for developers and designers, it is difficult for beginners to get used to this web design software.
- Required code experience. You cannot use this software if you do not have enough code knowledge and skills.
Who should use Adobe Dreamweaver?
Recommended for proficient developers and coders. New designers and web developers need more time to learn this tool.
How much does Adobe Dreamweaver cost?
Adobe Dreamweaver does not come with any free packages. But you can try it for free for 7 days. After the trial expires, you can opt for the $ 20.99 per month plan (annual plan), while businesses can get the $ 33.99 plan for the copyrighted version each month.
7. RapidWeaver (Paid)
Designed specifically for macOS, Realmac RapidWeaver is a WYSIWYG website development application (what you see is what you get). It has all you need to build beautiful websites, from simple to complex. If you work on a Mac, this web design software is your best friend. It can support all new macOS versions, such as Documents tab and iCloud.
Advantages of RapidWeaver
- Web icon builder. This web design software allows you to simply drag and drop a PNG graphic. This will create all necessary size variations in just one click.
- Simulation devise. You can preview what your site will look like on different devices, such as iPhone, iPad Pro, iMac, etc.
- Integrate with royalty-free stock photo library. RapidWeaver has integrated directly with Unsplash’s free, royalty-free photo library. You do not have to create a separate account to add fashionable and high-quality images.
- Add-on Stacks. You can install the Stacks add-on to allow you to place text seamlessly, images, and other sections on your website.
Cons of RapidWeaver:
- Reliance on additional third-party add-ons for a fee. The downside of using this software is that it depends too much on third-party extensions like Stacks. This means you end up paying more for advanced features.
- Not strong. A complaint from users is that it cannot handle large websites. People have reported that it’s hard to test and the speed is really slow.
Who should use RapidWeaver?
Anyone with or without code knowledge can use RapidWeaver. However, for specific customization, it requires basic coding skills.
How much is RapidWeaver?
RapidWeaver does not come with a free web subscription. To use this web design tool, you have to pay $ 99 for each copyrighted version. And this version supports up to five Macs.
8. openElement (Free)
openElement is a web design builder that allows users to build responsive websites. This software usually comes with functions like component editing, image optimization, HTML5, and CSS3 support, etc.
This web design software is very light and easy to use. Its intuitive interface will help you design more effectively. You will also have access to a wide range of beautiful, impressive, and freely available templates.
Other essential tools for web design
9. Google Web Designer (Free)
Since its release in 2013, Google Web Designer software has provided more than 7679 websites. Although its name is not a typical web design application. This is a standalone application for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Google Web Designer is really a tool for creating CSS3 animations on HTML5-based ads. It allows you to use animations and interactive elements to bring your creative vision to life.
Advantages of Google Web Designer
- Convenient design to advertising online with its interactive interface. This allows you to build and design HTML5 ads and web content using integrated image and code interfaces. You can use drawing tools, text, 3D icons, and can animate objects or events on the website’s timeline.
- Animations are intuitive and simple. You create an object as a graphic designer then define the keyframes, then choose how it transforms in two or three dimensions with loosening functions. Once completed, the CSS3 code will be automatically defined into twelve frames between each design for animation.
Cons of Google Web Designer
- Cannot open HTML files not created by Web Designer.
- You cannot open HTML files created by other web design tools. The content creation feature is missing.
- Difficult to achieve accurate results.
- It is difficult to get accurate results without going into the source code.
Who should use Google Web Designer?
- This software has been developed to make developers’ lives much easier.
- Suitable for anyone who wants to use the HTML5 advertising feature for desktop and mobile versions.
How much is Google Web Designer?
Google Web Designer is easy to use, interactive, and most importantly, it’s free.
10. Sketch (Free & Paid)
Repeatedly mentioned as one of the best web design tools available today, Sketch has been on the market since 2009. It has attracted a large number of followers in the web development community. Designed specifically for Mac devices, it focuses on helping developers create web templates, especially high-resolution vector images.
Advantages of Sketch
- Comes with a convenient mirroring feature. This allows you to test your web design template on multiple devices, such as phones or tablets.
- Publish with one click. You can create your own designs in Sketch and publish with one super easy click to different formats and sizes.
- Intuitive editing. Like Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator, it’s very intuitive. This allows you to quickly edit elements the same way you would in a program to convert images into vector images.
Disadvantages of Sketch
This software is quite slow. Not to mention the older machines, it also makes the machine slower.
The resolution is terrible when shared on Cloud. One downside to sharing via the Cloud is that people will see pixels and distortion when zooming in on your designs.
Who should use Sketch?
The sketch is ideal for novice designers and a good choice for Adobe Illustrator.
How much does Sketch cost?
Sketch only costs $ 99 per year for a personal license version and is discounted according to the number of devices used.
11. Adobe Photoshop (Paid)
The list of “web design software will not be complete without mentioning the popular Adobe Photoshop software. This is a premium web design tool with tons of features to help you create and edit your web templates.
This web design tool works well with photo manipulation and creates graphic designs for your website. You can start with a blank canvas and add elements as you like. You can add images, draw pictures, move elements, and use infinite color options to create the best web designs.
12. Adobe XD (Paid)
Adobe XD is graphic design for the user interface (GUI), which helps you simplify the creation of the GUI to look like graphic design icons and visual indicators by allowing you to organize. widgets.
You can create wireframes, build website models, design prototypes, and create a screen design for websites or mobile applications. This is a fast and intuitive web design tool that allows you to access all your designs in one place, reduce manual tasks, and build responsive web and user experience to suit every screen size.
13. GIMP (Free)
Free and open-source raster graphic editor (open-source), GIMP is a pretty much sought-after web design tool for image color correction/image editing, conversion among other image formats. each other, freehand drawing, etc.
GIMP’s user interface has a default multi-window mode. In this mode, a set of windows has all the functionality of GIMP. You can also work on separate image layers. This is a convenient replacement for Photoshop as a powerful image processing tool to help you design a beautiful web template.
14. Figma (Paid)
Figma is an online interface design tool that runs in browsers with desktop versions for both Windows and macOS.
This software provides everything you need for any project design requirement, including full vector illustrations, prototyping capabilities, and code generation. This makes Figma one of the best applications for collaborative design projects between a team.
15. InVision Studio (Paid)
InVision is one of the most comprehensive prototyping software available today. It helps you design user interfaces for mobile applications and other interactive digital products. This is a reliable and fast tool for creating a live prototype from still images of high-fidelity prototypes.
You can create and present mood and brand boards, galleries, and style guides with this web design tool. It also allows direct communication from the project account to help remote teams work.
16. Marvel App (Paid)
Another favorite prototyping tool is the Marvel App. This is a great and more friendly alternative to InVision. It’s perfect for those who just want to seek high communication, and the concept has a low accuracy so that designers can enhance the user experience (UX).
The recent integration of Marvel App with POP, another popular software, will allow designers to convert their ideas into apps for iPhone and Android. With the Marvel App, you can turn your sketches and drafts into a practical application and experience on the desktop within minutes. The only big downside is that it doesn’t allow offline design.
17. UXPin (Paid)
One of the most complete online tools for UX designers is UXPin. In addition to importing from Sketch and Photoshop, a great benefit of UXPin is that you can design complex and responsive interfaces using built-in libraries. This makes UXPin like a wireframe creation tool.
UXPin comes with complex functions. You can create animations and it can not only link to your website screens. It also allows a responsive design with stops. However, these complex features also mean it’s complicated to use and steep learning curves.
So, do you know what web design software to choose?
There is countless advanced web creation software available on the market, including WordPress site builders. They allow anyone to create perfect websites quickly and easily.
Depending on your business or personal needs, choose the best web design software that can address your goals.
But keep in mind that the best web design tools must also support your future goals as you scale your site.